Varsity Crews Race at the HWS Canal Challenge
October 5, 2011
ITHACA COLLEGE CREW – RACE ITINERARY
Race; At HWS Challenge on the Canal 10/8/2011
Location; Geneva, NY
Participating schools: Hobart, William Smith, RIT, others
Departure Time – location 48 athletes. Meet bus and vans at 6:30am at A & E Center, east side entrance (opposite side of main campus). Plan one hour driving time.
- Directions to Race Course; Leave Ithaca on route 96 north past hospital, through Trumansburg, Interlaken, and straight onto route 96A at the Ovid intersection towards Geneva. In Geneva, turn right on route 20 east, proceed a short distance (past the muffler repair shop on the right) and turn right onto East Avenue. Athlete drop-off will be here. Cars and Buses should park at the corner lot or across the street at PEPPY’s. A shuttle will be available. You are discouraged from driving down East Avenue.
- Race Schedule. Speak with your coach about arrival and launch times. Everyone should be at the trailer at least 60 minutes before launch time. Be prepared to rig shells immediately upon arrival.
- Cox’n meeting 8:00am.
- Wv8 launch 8:30 am race 9:00 am Moose, Tavelli, Vespoli
- Mv8 launch 8:50 am race 9:20 am Tallman, Feitner.
- 1x launch 9:40 race 10:10 1x
- Mv4 launch 11:00 race 11:30 Del Lago, Crames.
All race times are subject to change.
Race notes: Head race through a narrow protected canal similar in width to the Ithaca inlet (remember that?).
Other Information: Don’t forget your racing uniform. Bring warm clothes, rain gear. Changing facilities will be limited, and space near the trailer will be tight. Bring personal snacks and a full water bottle. There will be bagels and PB & J after the race. A little spending $ may be very handy. Each crew is responsible to put a prize in the prize box, winner in each event takes all.
Return to Ithaca: After racing on Saturday, we will load trailer. Bus loading begins at 12:30 pm. E.T.A. Ithaca 2:30 pm.
DRIVE SAFELY AND LOOK AFTER EACH OTHER.