A Beautifal Fall Day of Rowing on Cayuga Lake
October 3, 2012
The Men’s Crew, Women’s Crew and the Women’s Sculling teams are all excited to be using the new Robert B. Tallman Rowing Center. It has also been great to be back on the inlet full time. Tthe Hydrilla eradication plan was put into place this summer and is working!!! We have had many lake rows this fall and are glad to be able to pick and choose when we head out to row. The men rowed out to crowbar the day this picture was taken of the women’s squad. The Novices are coming along. Rowing by sixes and learning how to feather. The Novice Men number about three eights and the Novice women are just over four eights.
Below is the copy of this weeks itinerary to Hobart and William Smith for the Canal Challenge.
ITHACA COLLEGE CREW – RACE ITINERARY
Race; At HWS Challenge on the Canal 10/6/2012
Location; Geneva, NY
Participating schools: Hobart, William Smith, Canisius, and St. John Fisher.
Departure Time – location 55 athletes. Meet bus and 2 vans at 6:45am at A & E Center, east side entrance (opposite side of main campus). Plan one hour driving time.
- Directions to Race Course; Leave Ithaca on route 96 north past hospital, through Trumansburg, Interlaken, and straight onto route 96A at the Ovid intersection towards Geneva. In Geneva, turn right on route 20 east, proceed a short distance (past the muffler repair shop on the right) and turn right onto East Avenue. Athlete drop-off will be here. Cars and Buses should park at the corner lot or across the street at PEPPY’s. A shuttle will be available. You are discouraged from driving down East Avenue.
- Race Schedule. Speak with your coach about arrival and launch times. Everyone should be at the trailer at least 60 minutes before launch time. Be prepared to rig shells immediately upon arrival.
- Cox’n meeting 8:30am.
- Mv8 launch 9:00 am race 9:30 am Tallman, Feitner.
- Wv8 launch 9:40 race 10:10 Moose, Tavelli
- Sculls launch 10:00 race 10:40 all 4x and 2x
- Mv4 launch 11:10 race 11:40 IC 4, Eager
- Wv4 launch 11:50 race 12:20 Del Lago, Semmler
Race notes: Head race through a narrow protected canal similar in width to the Ithaca inlet
Other Information: Don’t forget your racing uniform. Bring warm clothes, rain gear. Changing facilities will be limited, and space near the trailer will be tight. Pre-race food is on your own before you travel. Bring personal snacks and a full water bottle. There will be picnic food after the race. A little spending $ may be very handy.
Return to Ithaca: After racing on Saturday, we will load trailer. Bus loading begins at 1:30 pm. E.T.A. Ithaca 3:00 pm.
DRIVE SAFELY AND LOOK AFTER EACH OTHER.
All men and women’s sculling on the bus.
2 vans for the wv8 and w2v8.