ITHACA COLLEGE CREW – RACE ITINERARY
September 24, 2013
Race; At HWS Challenge on the Canal 9/28/2013
Location; Geneva, NY
Participating schools: Hobart, William Smith, Canisius, University of Rochester and St. John Fisher.
Departure Time – location 60 athletes. Meet bus and 2 vans at 6:45am at A & E Center, east side entrance (opposite side of main campus). Plan one hour driving time.
- Directions to Race Course; Leave Ithaca on route 96 north past hospital, through Trumansburg, Interlaken, and straight onto route 96A at the Ovid intersection towards Geneva. In Geneva, turn right on route 20 east, proceed a short distance (past the muffler repair shop on the right) and turn right onto East Avenue. Athlete drop-off will be here. Cars and Buses should park at the corner lot or across the street at PEPPY’s. A shuttle will be available. You are discouraged from driving down East Avenue.
- Race Schedule. Speak with your coach about arrival and launch times. Everyone should be at the trailer at least 60 minutes before launch time. Be prepared to rig shells immediately upon arrival.
- Cox’n meeting 8:30am.
- Mv8 launch 9:00 am race 9:30 am Tallman, Feitner, Dietz
- Wv8 launch 9:40 race 10:10 Moose, Eldred
- Mv4 launch 11:20 race 11:50 Crames, Del Lago
- Wn8 launch 11:40 race 12:10 Ross
All race times are subject to change.
Race notes: Head race through a narrow protected canal similar in width to the Ithaca inlet. Other Information: Don’t forget your racing uniform. Bring warm clothes, rain gear. Changing facilities will be limited, and space near the trailer will be tight. Pre-race food is on your own before you travel. Bring personal snacks and a full water bottle. If you signed off a meal, you will have a boxed lunch. If you did not pack a lunch for after racing. A little spending $ may be very handy.
Return to Ithaca: After racing on Saturday, we will load trailer. Bus loading begins at 1:00 pm. E.T.A. Ithaca 2:30 pm.