New York State Championships Itinerary
April 30, 2014
Race and date – New York State Championships, May 3-4, 2014.
Location – Dorchester Park, Whitney Point Lake, Whitney Point
Participating schools – 27 participating schools.
Departure Time and Location – Load vans at the A & E Center beginning at 1:00pm on Saturday, May 3. We are commuting so everyone will return on Saturday evening.
3 vans Load 5:40 am. Drivers – Frid, Freedman, VanderHill Mv8, Mv4, Wv8, Wv4
4 vans Load 6:30 am. Drivers – Greene, Davie, Averitt, Romeo. Wn8, Mn8, M2v8, Wn4
BE PREPARED FOR WEATHER DELAYS – take study materials with you. Saturday delays may push races over to Sunday.
- Directions to Race Course; Leave Ithaca on route 79 east all the way to Whitney Point. In Whitney Point turn left (east) on route 206, cross bridge and immediately turn left following signs for Dorchester Park. It is just over a mile up the hill, on the left…Dorchester Park.
- Race Schedule. Speak with your coach about arrival and launch times. Generally launch time is 45 minutes before race time. The times below are subject to change.
- 2:30 pm – Regatta meeting for coaches and coxswains
- Wv8 4:00 pm heat – 1-3 to final, 4-6 to petite. SUNDAY (finals)
- Mv8 4:16 pm heat – 1-3 to final, 4-6 to petite Wv8 – 8:00 am.
- Wv4 4:32 pm heat – 1-2 to final, 3-4 to petite Mv8 – 8:16 am
- Mv4 4:56 pm heat – 1-3 to final, 4-6 to petite Wv4 – 8:32 am
- Wn8 5:12pm heat – 1-3 to final, 4 to petite Mv4 – 8:56 am
- Mn8 5:28pm heat – 1-3 to final, 4-6 to petite Wn8 – 9:12 am
- M2v8 5:44pm heat – 1-3 to final, 4-6 to petite Mn8 – 9:28 am
- Wn4 6:00pm heat – 1-3 to final, 4-6 to petite M2v8 – 9:44 am
- W2v8 6:40pm final Wn4 – 10:00 am
- M3v8 6:48pm final
Race notes: All races are 2000 meters with stake boat starts. There are medals for the winning crew in each race, silver if there are 3 crews, bronze if there are 4 or more.
Other Information: Don’t forget your racing uniform.. Bring warm clothes, rain gear, and two changes of rowing gear. Plan your own breakfast and lunch for Saturday. The food tent will be there both days for post-race chow! We will be back on campus by 9pm on Saturday and 12:30pm on Sunday, assuming there are no weather delays
Return to Ithaca: De-rig immediately after final racing and load trailer. No one is excused until all Ithaca crews are done racing. Let’s support our team-mates. We will return directly to Ithaca College, On Saturday vans will be excused by their coach. E.T.A. Sunday is 12:30 pm.
DRIVE SAFELY AND LOOK AFTER EACH OTHER.
Plan for weather delays (worst case scenario) – take study materials with you.