Itinerary for Frostbite and Braxton
November 3, 2014
ITHACA COLLEGE MENS CREW – RACE ITINERARY
Race; Frostbite & Braxton Regattas 11/8-9/2014
Location; Mercer County Park, NJ.
Participating schools: Temple, Penn State, Delaware, Drexel, Marietta, others.
Departure Time – location 49 athletes and 2 coaches. Meet the bus at 7:30 am at the A & E Center, north side loading dock. Plan 4.5 hours driving time. Report to race course by 12:00 noon.
- Directions to Race Course; MERCER COUNTY PARK, NJ Leave Ithaca College on route 79 east to I-81 south to I-380 in Scranton to I-80 east into New Jersey. Proceed to NJ-94south/us 46 east in Columbia. Take the US-46east exit from I-80 east. Get on I-95 north in Hopewell Township from us-46 east, route 31 south, and NJ-31 south. Continue on I-95 north to Lawrence Township. Take exit 67 from I-95. Merge onto U.S. 1 north, turn right onto Grovers Mill Road, turn right onto Quakerbridge Road, turn left on Hughes Drive, turn right into the park.
- Directions from race course to hotel : Howard Johnson Princeton-Lawrenceville, 2995 Brunswick Pike, Lawrenceville, NJ, 08648. Phone 609-896-1100
- Take the 1st right onto Hughes Dr
- 7 mi
- Turn right onto Quakerbridge Rd
- 2 mi
- Take the US-1 S ramp to Trenton
- 3 mi
- Keep left at the fork to continue toward U.S. 1 S
- 1 mi
- Take the ramp onto U.S. 1 S
- Destination will be on the right
Race Schedule. Speak with your coach about arrival and launch times. Everyone should be at the trailer at least 90 minutes before race time.
Saturday (Frostbite – 2000m)
FN8 ( Stew, Kearing) 3:04, 3:18 pm.
2v8 (Feitner, Dietz) 3:25, 3:32 pm.
VM8 (OZ) 3:46 pm.
Sunday (Braxton – 2000m) 4’s (Crames, DelLago, Semmler) 8:00 am
VM8 (OZ) 9:45 am
JVM8 (Dietz) 9:55 am.
FN8 (Stew, Kearing,) 10:20 am
Light8 (Feitner) 10:40 am.
All race times are subject to change.
Race notes: All races will include 3-6 crews using a stake-boat start. Winners in every race go to the awards dock to receive a medal; no runner-up medals, no heats. Lightweight oarsmen must weigh less than 165
Other Information: Don’t forget your racing uniform. Bring warm clothes, rain gear, and two changes of rowing gear. Changing facilities will be limited. There will be some post-race snacks available at the race course as well as sandwiches after the Sunday races. The hotel provides a simple continental breakfast for Sunday morning.
Spending $ will be very handy, particularly for Saturday dinner. Everyone will receive $10 to help with food costs. There are places to eat near the motel.
After racing: After racing on Saturday we will secure equipment on the trailer for the evening and proceed to Saturday night accommodations. Most of us will stay at motel listed above. Bring sleeping bags if you have them. Return on Sunday at least 90 minutes before your race time. After Sunday’s races we will load the trailer and depart for Ithaca as a group. No one is excused until after all Ithaca crews have raced. E.T.A. in Ithaca is 6:00 pm. DRIVE SAFELY AND LOOK AFTER EACH OTHER.
BUS TIMELINE: – Pick up team at the A & E Center north side at 7:20 am, Sat. 11/8.
– Drive directly to the Mercer County race-course.
– – 5:15 pm, take group to hotel for overnight accommodations
A room has been reserved for the bus driver.
– – Sunday, 11/9. 7:00 am, leave for race (maybe earlier).
- Load at about 12;00 noon for the ride home, ETA Ithaca College is 5:00pm.