ITHACA COLLEGE CREW – RACE ITINERARY FOR NEW YORK STATE ROWING CHAMPIONSHIPS
April 28, 2015
ITHACA COLLEGE CREW – RACE ITINERARY
Race and date; New York State Championships, May 2, 2015.
Location; Saratoga Lake, Saratoga Springs, NY
Participating schools: 27 participating schools.
Departure Time – location Load buses at the A & E Center beginning at 5:00 pm on Friday, May 1. Eat dinner before boarding bus. There will be snacks available at the hotel. Buses will drive directly to the hotel, ETA 8:45 pm. Holiday Inn Express, 18 Old Route 9, Clifton Park, NY. 518-579-3000
Directions to hotel; Leave Ithaca on route 79 east to Whitney Point. Turn left on route 206 east to Bainbridge. Get on I-88 east towards Albany. On to I-90 east to exit 24. Proceed through toll booths and get on I-87 north. To the hotel take exit 9 onto Fire road, proceed straight to Old Route 9 on the left. To the race course, return to I-87 north and proceed to exit 14. Take a left at the exit ramp onto route 9P east towards Saratoga Lake. Go past Gilbert Rd, Longfellows Inn & Restaurant, through the light and down the hill. Cross over the bridge and take a left immediately after the bridge.
ALL COXSWAINS MUST WEIGH-IN. Weigh-in for both coxswains and Wltwt 4 will be on site on Saturday morning
- Race Schedule. Speak with your coach about arrival and launch times. Generally launch time is 45 minutes before race time. The times below are subject to change.
- 6:30 am – Regatta meeting for coaches and coxswains
- Wv8 8:00 am heat – 1-3 to final, 4-6 to petite. Saturday afternoon (finals)
- Mv8 8:16 am heat – 1-2 to final, 3-4 to petite Wv8 – 12:48 pm.
- Mv4 9:04 am heat – 1-2 to final, 3-4 to petite Mv8 – 1:04 pm
- W2v8 9:28 am heat – 1-3 to final, 4-5 to petite Mv4 – 1:44 pm
- Wn8 9:44am heat – 1-3 to final, others to petite W2v8 – 2:00 pm
- Mn4 10:24 am heat – 1-2 to final, 3-4 to petite Wn8 – 2:16 pm
- Wltwt4 10:48 final Mn4 – 2:48 pm
- M2v8 11:04 final
- Mn8 11:12 final
Race notes: All races are 2000 meters with stake boat starts. There are medals for the winning crew in each race, silver if there are 3 crews, bronze if there are 4 or more.
Other Information: Don’t forget your racing uniform.. Bring warm clothes, rain gear, and two changes of rowing gear. Eat dinner before getting on the bus on Friday. We’ll have snacks at the hotel Friday night. The hotel will provide breakfast Saturday morning. The food tent will be on site for food at the races! We will be back on campus by 8pm on Saturday