Collegiate Small Boat Challenge itinerary
October 27, 2015
SCULLERS – RACE ITINERARY
Race;10/30-10/31 Collegiate Small Boat Challenge
Location; Casperson Rowing Center, 1S. Post Road, West Windson, NJ
Participating schools: Syracuse, UMass, Rhode Island, NorthEastern, Rutgers, Cornell
Participating athletes: 13 w/ varsity sculling, 2 coaches
Departure Time – location: Bring Breakfast Drive directly to race course, Rig shells and prepare to row. Directions below. There are limited changing facilities so travel in racing gear if possible. See detailed van timeline below.
- Directions to Race Course;
- Leave Ithaca on route 79 east to Whitney Point.
- Merge on to I81 S toward Binghamton. Keep right to stay on I 81 S into Pennsylvania.
- Stay on I 81 South through Scranton
- Take exit 194 for I-476 S/ Pennsylvania Turnpike S/US-6W toward Clark Summit
- Follow signs for I-476 S (Allentown)
- Take Exit 339-359 to Merge onto 276 S
- Use right two lanes to take exit 351 to merge onto US1 N (keep right ot stay on Rt 1 N)
- Take Quakerbridge Rd exit (533 S)
- Turn Left on Village Rd
- Turn Right onto S. Post Rd.
- Stay on Post Road past the Conover Fields and the Mercer Oaks Golf Club. This road will take you right to the boathouse
- After these fields, there will be a ‘road closed’ sign at the entrance to the park, on the boathouse side of the lake.
- Ignore this sign and head straight down the access road; the boathouse will be on your left as you reach lake.
- Directions to hotel;(3203 Brunswick Pike, Lawrenceville, NJ 08648) From the race course. Head north on S Post Rd. Turn Left on Village Rd W. Turn R on Quakerbridge Rd. Use R lane to US1 S ramp (to Trenton). Keep Left at fork to get onto RT 1 S. Red Roof Inn will be on Right.
Time Line Friday
5:45AM Meet and depart from AE Center (loading dock)
11:00-noon Practice is open
Arrive 10:30 Rig and practice
1:30 Regatta Meeting
3:00 PM 2x Time Trial
3:30 PM 1x Time Trial
6:30 AM out for breakfast
8:00 Arrive at course
Race notes: 2K Time Trial of Friday followed by a 2K 6 boat race on Sunday.
Other Information: Don’t forget your uniform. Eat breakfast before getting the bus, bring snacks/lunch on the bus. We will practice upon arrival. BRING A FULL WATER BOTTLE.
Return to Ithaca:. Derig immediately after racing and load trailer. We will return directly to Ithaca College, E.T.A. Saturday is 9:00 pm. DRIVE SAFELY AND LOOK AFTER EACH OTHER.