May 11, 2016
ITHACA COLLEGE CREW – RACE ITINERARY
Race;Dad Vail Regatta5/12-14/2016
Participating schools: Over 100!
Departure Time – location35 participants. Meet the bus at 12 noon at the A & E Center, north side loading dock. Eat lunch before getting on the bus….or brown-bag it! THE BUS WILL NOT STOP ON THE WAY. Plan 4+ hours driving time and at least 15 minutes to park and walk to trailer. Be at the trailer by 4:30pm. FOLLOW POLICE PARKING INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY…PHILLY POLICE ARE NOT TO BE MESSED WITH!
• Directions to Race Course; Leave Ithaca on route 96B south (or route 79 east) to I-81 south. Exit I-81 at Clark’s summit, get on Penn Turnpike south. Follow turnpike (toll road) south to the end, through tolls, go straight on I-476 towards Philadelphia to I-76 east (Schuylkill Expressway). On I-76, exit left on Kelly Drive, follow this along river and follow parking instructions. Traffic on Kelly Drive will be diverted at the regatta site. Go through the traffic barrier as instructed by local officials. Look for the Ithaca shell trailer at the general launch site south of the finish line on Kelly Drive. Find regatta instructions and details at http://www.dadvail.org
• Thursday4:30 pm – Arrive at trailer, rig shells, and go for a row on the course. 7:00pm – After rowing, return to bus and drive to hotel.
• Hotel information – Knight’s Inn, 1104, NJ route 73, Mt. Laurel, NJ, 856-778-3500. Directions; To the hotel, continue on I76 to I-676 to Ben Franklin bridge, cross over to NJ on to route 30 east, onto route 38 east, Kaighn Ave. Continue about 4 miles to route 73 south, turn right on 73 just over one mile, hotel is on right, just after the NJ turnpike overpass.
• Race Schedule.Speak with your coach about arrival and launch times. Everyone should be at the trailer at least 90 minutes before race time.
Men’s varsity 8 on Friday- launch 6:30 am.Race 7:12 am.Pm launch 12:30, race at 1:15pm.
Women’s lightweight four- Saturday onlylaunch 2:15 pm.Race 3:00 pm.
Women’s DIII 8 (A & B) – Saturday onlylaunch 3:40pm.Race 4:25pm.
Men on Saturday – launch at 9:55am, race at 10:40am.
All race times are subject to change.
Race notes:2k stake-boat race. Very crowded with long carries to the dock and long waits at the dock.
Other Information:Don’t forget your racing uniform. Bring warm clothes, rain gear. Changing facilities will be limited, and space near the trailer will be tight. A little spending $ may be very handy.
Meals – athletes will receive $20 each (Thurs. dinner) and there will be tent food on race day and a b-b-Q at Ely’s home on Friday night.
Return to Ithaca:After racing on Saturday, we will load trailer and board bus as a group. DRIVE SAFELY AND LOOK AFTER EACH OTHER.
BUS TIMELINE:- Pick up team at A & E Center, north side loading dock, at 11:45 am, Thursday, 5/12.
NO STOPS ON THE WAY PLEASE. – except for emergency
– Drive directly to race-course., drop off competitors at race site by 4:30pm.
– Park bus as instructed.
– Load between 6:30-7:30 pm for the ride to the hotel.
– Friday – 5:30 am take athletes to race course. One shuttle trip TBD. 3:00pm – return to hotel. Available to drive to dinner.
– Saturday – 8:00am take athletes to race course. 5:00pm – return to Ithaca. ETA. – 9:00pm.