October 24, 2016
ITHACA COLLEGE CREW – RACE ITINERARY
Race; Head of the Schuylkill Regatta 10/29/2016
Location; Philadelphia, PA
Participating schools: Over 100!
Departure Time – location Two buses, 84 participants, load at the A & E Center north side loading dock.
Bus one loads at 4:00pm, Friday, 10/28. Depart by 4:15, drive to Wegmans-Allentown, PA for 7-7:30pm food stop. From there, drive directly to the hotel for a 9:15pm check-in.
Bus will check out and leave hotel by 6:45am. Hotel breakfast served 6am.
Bus two loads at 6:40am, Saturday, 10/29, depart by 6:50am. Drive directly to the race site for 11:15 drop-off. FOLLOW POLICE PARKING INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY…PHILLY POLICE ARE NOT TO BE MESSED WITH!
- Directions to Race Course; Leave Ithaca on route 96B south (or route 79 east) to I-81 south. Exit I-81 at Clark’s summit, get on Penn Turnpike south. Follow turnpike (toll road) south to the end, through tolls, go straight on I-476 towards Philadelphia to I-76 east (Schuylkill Expressway). On I-76, exit left on Kelly Drive, follow this along river and follow parking instructions. Traffic on Kelly Drive will be diverted at the regatta site. Go through the traffic barrier as instructed by local officials. Bus parking will be on the road. Athletes look for the Ithaca shell trailer at the general launch site south of the finish line on Kelly Drive. Find regatta instructions and details at hosr.org.
Hotel information –La Quinta Mt Laurel – Philadelphia, 5000 Clover Road, Mt Laurel, NJ 08054, P: 856 235 7500
- Directions; To the hotel, continue on I76 to I-676 to Ben Franklin bridge, cross over to NJ on to route 30 east, onto route 38 east, Kaighn Ave. Continue about 4 miles to route 73 south, turn right on 73 just over one mile, hotel is on right, just after the NJ turnpike overpass, situated BEHIND another hotel and an Applebee’s.
- Race Schedule. Speak with your coach about arrival and launch times. Everyone should be at the trailer at least 90 minutes before race time. ALL RACES ARE ON SATURDAY, 10/29
Women’s 1x – 9:05am. Men’s 4 – 9:50am. Women’s 4 – 10:10am. Wfr/nov8 – 10:45am. Parent/child 2x – 1:15pm. Mclub8 – 1:30pm. Wclub8 – 1:45pm Women’s 2x – 2:40pm.
Men’s champ8 – 3:30pm. Women’s 4x – 3:50pm.
All race times are subject to change. CREWS LAUNCH 45 MINUTES PRIOR TO RACE TIME
Race notes: Approx. 4k head race. Very crowded with long carries to the dock and long waits at the dock.
Other Information: Don’t forget your racing uniform. Bring warm clothes, rain gear. Changing facilities will be limited, and space near the trailer will be tight. A little spending $ may be very handy.
Food: Friday travelers will receive $20 for food. Saturday travelers will receive $10. Bagels will be available on the Saturday bus. Buses may stop for snacks on the way home Saturday evening.
Return to Ithaca: After racing on Saturday, we will load trailer and board buses as a group. Bus one will load and leave earlier – tbd. Bus two will load and leave at 5:00pm. Both buses may drive directly back to Ithaca or stop at Wegmans Allentown for a food break. DRIVE SAFELY AND LOOK AFTER EACH OTHER.
BUS NOTES: – Pick up team at A & E Center, north side loading dock.
Park bus as instructed on Kelly Drive.
- No bus services needed during the race day, unless the weather is bad and schedule changes occur.
- Coaches cell; 607-229-8868 or 607-229 4055.
RIDE LIST ; Bus one; W 1x’s, M & W 4’s, W nov 8’s, total = 42
Bus two ; M & W club 8’s, M champ 8, W 2x’s, W 4x’s. total = 42